DIRECTOR OF SAFETY
James Machine Works, LLC (JMW) is seeking a Director of Safety responsible for insuring the health, safety and well-being of all JMW employees. The duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Developing and implementing workplace safety policies and procedures in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Providing personnel with safety-related information such as training sessions, emergency protocols, and proper use of safety equipment.
- Reviewing existing policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date.
- Overseeing the company's daily operations and identifying opportunities for improvement of safety regulations.
- Performing safety audits and physically inspecting all work areas and jobsites to identify possible safety issues.
- Conducting risk assessments to minimize workplace accidents, occupational illnesses or long-term health hazards.
- Preparing monthly safety reports and presenting the information to management.
- Make periodic job site visits to JMW construction sites.
- Investigating and documenting any accidents or injuries.
Safety Director Requirements:
- A certificate in occupational health and safety management.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a safety director or health and safety manager.
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA standards and federal safety legislation.
- Solid knowledge of potentially hazardous practices in the workplace.
- Familiarity with writing health and safety policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Working knowledge of contractor safety and supplier information management companies such as ISNetworld and Avetta.